Original And Canon History
Origin and Old Ages
Billions of years ago, before the events of the First Cartoonian War, Equestria wasn't yet blessed with the magic of friendship. (TBC...)
Alicorn God Era
Equestria would later come to be reformed by almighty Alicorn gods, many of which include those that controlled the weather, the tectonic and volcanic attributes, animal and plant life, and so on, all lead by the head gods, Queen Philosophia and King Temperanus in Alicornia. Celestia's ancestors controlled the Sun and Moon. The Equestrian gods created the ponies that inhabited their world and made them the purest so that they can be their mortal successors destined for greatness, and the best being clear reincarnations of Philosophia. Earth ponies were created by the Alicorns on Philosophia's side of the family that controlled the earth, Unicorns were created by her main family side which controlled harmony and peace, and Pegasi were created by the Alicorns on her side of the family that controlled the sky. Other magical entities like the First Tree of Harmony were made by Philosophia, and these three pony tribes lived in friendship, which is their term for peace and harmony and thought of that as their own religion, doing anything to please them. Back then, the world was populated mostly by Alicorn Gods and Ponies, though some like Victus Mortuus, Lord Chaos and his brother Lord Order, and Prince Woeus went rogue.
The Prehistoric Ages/The First Windigo Ice Age
During the days when mortal creations began to be a developing hobby, and after the predictable destruction of the dinosaurs, the first sentient creatures emerged including mammoths, aurochs, wooly rhinos, indricotheres, Irish elks, toxodons, and the ancestors of ponies mesohippuses. These creatures, though semi-primitive, could coexist peacefully with each other thanks to the Alicorn Gods' influence. A magic society quite different from Equestria today was created, and the world flourished. But when the magic of the world evolved, magical creatures evolved with it. The worst of them were Windigos. Taking the form of larger Alicorn Gods at the time because of their alternate biology, they began to have a world hunger crisis when hate started dying out especially with Prince Woeus being imprisoned. The ruler of the Windigos, Permafrost, sought a solution to keep his rule when he was threatened by more honest candidates that aimed to get food more honestly and without causing chaos. Permafrost instigated a global war amongst all the creatures in Equestria, causing them to hate each other. This allowed the Windigos to thrive again for 100,000 years.
But his rule was threatened once more when his actions were slowly killing the creatures his people fed off of. The creatures were forced underground in caverns where they lived for 10,000 years. These events caused Permafrost to accidentally confess his crimes of starting the global war, which cost him his throne to the old candidates and got him turned to permafrost as punishment. Thus the other candidates ruled and stopped the global ice age, but were disappointed that the damage Permafrost did was already done, resulting in modern ponies and other modern creatures to evolve in their place which flourished more than their ancestors. Ponies spent their beginning days in a land called Dream Valley, which would now come to be known as Questra.
For thousands of years, Equestria seemed to be peaceful. Then, not too long after the First Cartoonian War began, Alicorn Gods started to go rogue and had to be banished or imprisoned. The most notable incident to come out of the First Cartoonian War event was an evil spirit called Tyranny, who was the first of a race of chaotic beings called Draconequui that were created by followers of Darkspawn called the Kaos Beings, came to Equestria and led his entire race, as well as monsters and beings of chaos, into spreading war and chaos throughout the land in an event referred to as the Chaos War. Many communities fell in the hands of Tyranny, including that of the mortal pony tribes' communities, as they lost faith in the Alicorn Gods for the surreal chaos their land was reduced to. The Alicorn Gods fought against Tyranny as both sides had killed members, and then when Alicorns were at their most hopeless, Philosophia made many weapons for a future generation to utilize, and gathered all the Gods in one spot to create one of them: The Elements of Peace. They would use these to destroy Tyranny for good, as Tyranny's race turned on him because of the risks of this war. Outraged, Tyranny went on a chaotic rampage seeking to kill both the Alicorn Gods and Ponies, then enslave his race by force. The Alicorn Gods defeated him with the Elements of Peace, sealing him in the Frozen North forever, but at the cost of losing their immortality, and dying as their souls were lost and scattered across the world, including that of Philosophia and Temperanus.
Post-Chaos War/The Second Windigo Ice Age/The Founding of Equestria
As Equestria recovered from the Chaos War, the three mortal pony tribes had lost hope of the friendship religions they cherished greatly, and began to hate each other in a period referred to as the Old Ages. Each of the three tribes didn't care for whatever troubled the other two, but only for their own welfare. The Pegasi controlled the weather in exchange for food from the earth ponies. The unicorns were in charge of controlling day and night in exchange for the same thing. But mistrust between the tribes increased until a mysterious blizzard caused by Windigoes, winter spirits that feed off of argument and frustration and make things as cold as the fight continues, overtook their land in a period referred to as the Windigo Ice Age. Each group of ponies decided to find a new place to live, but they all arrived at the same new place, and as their mistrust increased, the blizzard followed them as the Windigoes did. On the land that would later be named Equestria, six ponies: Clover the Clever, Princess Platinum, Chancellor Puddinghead, Smart Cookie, Commander Hurricane, and Private Pansy, discovered the Windigoes and figured out they must fight off the blizzard by treating one another warmly. With this driving the Windigoes away and ending the Ice Age, the 6 ponies founded Equestria. As Equestria grew, the three pony moved into the Middle Ages as they centered themselves in Equestria, leaving much behind in their old lands as they grew too inhospitable. With this happening, the empty lands were available to be claimed by other races like dragons, centaurs, griffins, etc. as they formed their own lands and countries. Thus, with Equestria being the main territory for ponies, and only few ponies living outside Equestria, the world became one on it's own with different lands and races.
The unicorns used magic to build Canterlot and once the city was finished, they invited the pegasi and ponies to a party, which became a yearly event called the Grand Galloping Gala. But then they are approached by two surviving juvenile Alicorn Gods named Astro Nightus and Lucenta Heavenslight, who helped raise the sun after seeing unicorns struggle and weaken after trying to raise it themselves, earning their cutie marks in the process and claiming the thrones as leaders of Equestria. Being the last remnants of the Celestial Alicorns, they have been hiding in shadows for hundreds of years after their parents left them alone to fight the war, afraid to show their faces to the devastation that laid outside. When the war ended, and light came back to Equestria, Nightus and Heavenslight came out of hiding, and saw that the Sun has come back, but was unstable since unicorns were placed in charge of controlling day and night after the Alicorn gods were gone. They went on many adventures while searching for their parents, not knowing that they had perished until they met another surviving Alicorn God named Death Coffin, the new Alicorn of Death since Mortuus went rogue. 8 years later, they arrived in Equestria, took their family mantle of controlling the Sun an Moon, and became their rulers. After 40 years, they healed the relationship of the surviving Draconequui, gave them a home on an island East of Equestria, confessed their love for each other, got married, became royalty, and gave birth to Celestia and Luna, who would grow up to be friends with the Prince of the Draconequui Discord, and be tutored by Clover's mentor Starswirl the Bearded.
Celestia and Luna grew up with their parents in a world remnant of their ancestors' design. Starswirl taught them how to be adequate rulers for their parents, finding it a challenge to tutor the children of the last known Alicorn Gods alive. Discord, however, grew to feel he was not appreciated among ponies, and this resulted in him being catured by his older exile brother Mayhem, who lied about ponies discriminating him as he deviated away from the Draconequui's new ways, and thus turned him against Celestia and Luna. The two thus invaded Canterlot, and took control of it. Though Mayhem was the most powerful of the two, he handed the ruling job to Discord soon after, and became vice-king and commander of Discord's guards. Ruling Canterlot together, Discord and Mayhem began to make the three pony tribes suffer greatly to their disharmonic magic. Months later, Discord and Mayhem claimed total rule of Equestria, creating unrest and unhappiness wherever they went for their own cruel amusement, turning some of the sentient creatures there into many chaotic creatures, many of these include ugly snake-tailed, dragon-winged pony monsters called Serpicorns which were captured into slavery by Mayhem, which Discord didn't really seem to care about.
Nightus, Heavenslight, and their now-adolescent daughters had been turned into Serpicorns as well, and Discord pranked them almost every day, mainly his former friends Celestia and Luna whom he felt betrayed by. After being oppressed a hundred times, the frustrated Celestial family decided to use their powers to escape, and search for a way to stand up to Discord as their magic couldn't reverse their influence, and the two sisters, in their adolescent ages, were frustrated at their mistreatment, and their parents said that they could only become their Alicorn selves again if they let their immaturity go and become 'true alicorns' before they turned up missing the next day, captured by Mayhem and entrapped in Plunderweed Cocoons, leaving Celestia and Luna on their own. The two watched in horror at the influence Discord and Mayhem had on the three mortal pony tribes, making them suffer in misery, unrest, and unhappiness for their amusement. As a result of the harsh impressions left by such, the ponies didn't take kindly to the sisters, but then a surviving Starswirl found them and aided them as a considerable parental figure. Starswirl had kept the First Tree of Harmony itself safe from threats like the two Draconequus brothers as he knew it was the only thing that could stop them. Aside from the six elements within: Magic, Kindness, Laughter, Honesty, Loyalty, and Generosity, he had used the tree's godly essence to create 5 artificial ones: Guidance, Sincereity, Courage, Compassion, and Faith. As a result of their adolescence and little experience in pony culture, Celestia and Luna didn't quite understand the ponies' religions since the Alicorn Gods not only gave little to anonymous concern about mortals for millions of years, but they never took the time to understand true pony nature, and viewed them as pushovers and distractions that were just worth saving from Discord's influence, and only treated them as lepers and inferiors as they tried to make the Tree's Elements work for them, unaware that their mistreatment over them was the problem.
Unfortunately, Mayhem discovers this, and declares chaos in Equestria to be doubled as punishment for treason. Celestia and Luna, as they watched the raw torment and emotion within the ponies, and realized how wrong they were, finally understood the power of harmony, and the Elements transformed them back into Alicorns with it's harmonic magic. Mayhem retreats, and tells Discord about their plans. Desperate to stop them, they planned to use a Plunderweed Infestation to capture the Tree's magic and reverse the sisters' immunity to his influence, as well as kill the tree itself. As Starswirl was taken by these Plunderweed and put in a cocoon, he urges the sisters to find the Tree and use the Elements to defeat Discord and Mayhem, and restore harmony in Equestria. They found them, they fought their way past Mayhem's elemental guards and forces, reached Discord and turn him to stone. Mayhem came in and saw what happened to his brother. The sisters went after Mayhem, but because he was twice as powerful as Discord, he counteracted the Elements, and fled Equestria without a trace after swearing revenge on the Celestial family. With harmony back in Equestria, the freed King and Queen put up a protective invisible magical barrier to keep Mayhem from exacting his revenge, or stealing any of the Elements of Harmony, everything the two brothers did were reversed, and Starswirl had the sisters graduate for an overachieving act that made them true alicorns at last.
The Middle Ages
The Great Fear War/The Loss of the Pillars of Equestria
Half a century after Discord and Mayhem's defeat, Equestria successfully recovered and Celestia and Luna, now pre-adults, have ensured that history doesn't repeat itself with what happened after the Chaos War. Equestria has healed and moved onto the Middle Ages to where Equestria reaches it's second generation, despite Draconequua disheartened by Discord and Mayhem's actions. Starswirl started to tutor Celestia and Luna to think like the ponies and soon learn how to properly protect and rule them, forming a bond with them as if they were their own children. However, they gain their first otherworldly threat in eons in the form of Pitch Black the Boogeyman, who came to Equestria after the end of the Dark Ages in his world of Rise of the Guardians, hid in the shadows, made an alliance with Taraxippuses, or ghosts that haunt ponies, learned black magic from them, and used these gifts to haunt ponies with them as his followers all over in a reign of fear and bad dreams. Celestia and Luna's parents were unable to defeat Pitch, as they were haunted by their fear of losing their family to total darkness and evil, or even their own people or subjects, and were eventually rendered to fear Pitch himself. Soon, Pitch did the same thing to Celestia and Luna, making them powerless to defeat him as well by haunting them by fearing that their own family or loved ones would fall into evil or mistrust. He even killed the First Tree of Harmony to ensure that their elements would not be used to defeat him.
Free from the Celestial Family's protection, Pitch continued to raise fear in Equestria, and caused millions of communities to fall. Starswirl was the only one left to fight back against him, and he protects the Celestial Family with his life, and eventually meets the Pillars of Equestria: Mistmane, Flash Magnus, Somnambula, Mage Meadowbrook, and Rockhoof, when they first fight off The Dazzlings, thanks to the distress call of Stygian, and form an alliance. However, the fear starts to get to Starswirl and the Celestial family, as they try to keep public relations on other worlds in tact as Pitch's actions leave them too mistrusting, and it even causes the founding of the failing Union of Centaurs, Dragons, and Griffins, among other races, which failed even from the start for more reasons than Pitch. Starswirl himself even succumbed to the fear as the pressure started to get to him to where he made what was considered his biggest failure by trying to defeat the Dazzlings and ended up having to banish them to another dimension as a contingency, and his surrogate daughter Clover and the founders of Equestria ended up disappearing after they fought a betrayed and misunderstood good-hearted darkness-succumbed Windigo named Gale who was brought there by the arguing and hatred brought by Pitch's actions, and even the loss of the source of pure love in Equestria, the Crystal Empire, after Pitch earns an alliance with the Umbrans of the North of which King Sombra was descended from through the image of an ancient unicorn tyrant named Obsidious, who ruled before Princess Platinum's father, King Bullion, defeated him and turned him into a Taraxippus, and had become the Taraxippus' top fearmonger, the infamous Pony of Shadows, until he was defeated again not too long after Sombra betrayed his foster home after being taught by Pitch in the ways of black magic in order to cast Equestria in an endless reign of fear and hatred hoping to be the next Pony of Shadows, but ultimately failed when Starswirl got Celestia and Luna to fight for the love of their subjects who trust them, and thus they defeated Sombra and turned him to shadow, banishing him to the frozen arctic, but not before he caused the Empire to vanish into thin air.
The loss of the Crystal Empire caused Celestia and Luna to go back into fearing mistrust and evil in their close circle again now that the source of all love has vanished, and at the same time an unknown and unspoken brother of Celestia lost hope and ran away. Thus, with the ultimate result of Starswirl's fears making theirs come true when Stygian is cast out for something he was blinded to. Thus, after an argument resulting in Celestia and Luna losing trust in their own mentor, they finally lost all hope. But while the Celestial family was now seemingly powerless to stop Pitch, new heroes began to emerge in the form of Pitch's archenemies, The Guardians of Childhood, who came after finally hearing that Pitch was causing mischief in another world, and taught the Celestial family to confront their fears at last with their most fond memories, and eventually stop Pitch's dark trick on them. Thus, it works, and they dispel and banish the Taraxippus in the Shadow Realm made from the essence of Prince Woeus after defeating their next Pony of Shadows Doldrumsta Blue. Thus with his forces gone, the Guardians and the Celestial family finally confronted and defeated Pitch, banishing him from Equestria forever as he swore to return in a future generation to instill fear once more. After that, the Guardians grew interest in Equestria's religions of trust and affection, and decided to introduce their well-known holidays and beliefs. Nightus and Heavenslight were interested, and decided that Christmas and Easter would be celebrated every 5-10 years. After that, life in Equestria was more peaceful and wondrous than ever.
The Loss of the Celestial Parents/Rise of Nightmare Moon
However, fear ended up destroying the Celestial family when Starswirl not only 'fails' a family in Hollow Shades when it ends up abandoned, but Stygian returns from there with a new surprise: He is now the new Pony of Shadows, and has thus sworn to bring the Taraxippus back, and after he turns Starswirl against Celestia and Luna, the Pillars finally confront in Ponehenge and go to limbo, taking the Pony of Shadows with them. Thus, Celestia and Luna are disheartened and Luna, succumbing to fear and anger, wishes Starswirl good riddance. However, things got worse half-a-century later. A ruthless pirate named Captain Taiklar Blackheart had plundered Equestria for it's riches, killed Nightus and Heavenslight, absorbing their souls, and stole the Artificial Elements of Harmony. But he failed to realize that there were other Elements of Harmony, and his crew missed it. After they left, Celestia and Luna took over Canterlot as rulers at last when they finally mature, and kept their other Elements safe.
However, they failed to realize that during the Great Fear War, Pitch Black created something else: A nightmare realm on Equestria's moon. In this realm, Pitch Black corrupted precious animals and turned them into menacing creatures called the Nightmare Forces (MLP comics). These forces were meant to help Pitch get revenge on the Celestial family if he should ever be defeated, which he was. Luna, due to her fears being confirmed, was feeling deeply angered by the loss of her parents that she soon had a bad attitude, which only got worse when the three pony tribes shunned and slept during the night, which made Luna grow bitter and jealous. The Nightmare Forces used her bitterness and fears to take her over, making her jealousy grow stronger and stronger until she eventually refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn. And soon, Luna's bitterness and jealousy made the Nightmare Forces convince her to become the evil Nightmare Moon. Pitch had also promised that Nightmare Moon would give the Forces a chance to take over Equestria and have a kingdom of their own. Celestia battled Nightmare Moon, and used the Original Elements to banish her into the moon, where she would move onto the lunar land of Aradia, the homeland of the Nyxes, which are creatures capable of crafting good dreams and dispelling nightmares, as she turned them into more Nightmare Forces, and after haunting Celestia in her memories through this, she continued to do this for a thousand years, even as she moved on without her and eventually founded the E.P.U Guard and also the Wonderbolts.
The New Ages
Thousands of years later, Celestia is still around, and Nightmare Moon still remains banished in the moon, a new student has come to Magic University after years at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. Her name was Twilight Sparkle. She and her associate, Spike, have found Magic University to be a great place, but have a lot of trouble after a gang appears with a dragon named Taiku as their leader. Twilight wasn't able to get suspicious when a griffon named Professor Eagle Beak has come and used verbal and mind-control legilimancy to declare that Celestia no longer has authority over Magic University due to concern that she can't handle both the university AND Equestria at the same time, thanks to being malmitulated otherwise by Gary Skalesworth and Clare Buckington, thanks to Taiku and friends not making the situation for them any better. Eagle Beak was planning to take over Equestria and help protect it in the event that Nightmare Moon should return by using his legilimancy to cause a rebellion because Celestia wasn't much into protecting it by waging war. But after Celestia, Twilight, Spike, and Taiku learn about Eagle Beak's true intentions due to one of his associates spilling the beans, Eagle Beak was forced to banish Celestia, Twilight, Spike, Taiku, his gang, and Twilight's cousin occlumency teacher Midnight Fate, from Equestria to which he believed would be Equestria's frozen arctic. But he actually, and unknowingly, had banished them to the arctic of the Rise of the Guardians world, where they met up with the Guardians of Childhood again, and learned that there was trouble going on there, too. Pitch Black, after being banished from Equestria, has teamed up with a winter spirit named Cold Heart the Sadistic, has placed a curse on Santa's Workshop, making Santa weak, his reindeer mean, and his yetis crazy, in an attempt to destroy the Christmas Spirit. Twilight and the group offer to help, but she and Taiku are still fighting with each other. But being banished into the world of a fearful enemy has made Twilight vulnerable to Pitch's dark magic, and has bad dreams about her sudden fears and problems every night. After making friends with a few other animals, the group plans to stop Pitch and Cold Heart. However, Twilight is tricked by Pitch into betraying her group, eventually causing her to almost give up her role as Celestia's faithful student. Twilight leaves them, and runs away to Antarctica where she accidentally gets her horn broken after trying to attack Pitch with a sudden burst of black magic as an act of revenge. However, Twilight soon meets a penguin and walrus duo named Milo and Otis, who convince her to fight her hatred and fear, and save her group. She comes back, and then helps them and the Guardians stop Pitch and Cold Heart. After that, they find that Taiku's brother, Haku, and Shining Armor and Cadance (Who have just met and fallen in love with each other) have come back in order to bring them back to Equestria to stop Eagle-Beak. They accept, and after Twilight learns occlumency from Midnight Fate, and forgives Taiku and his gang, she and the others return to Equestria, and with the help of the Guardians, they stop Eagle-Beak, and save Equestria. However, Twilight still has different flaws. She is still vulnerable to fear and black magic, and she is still concerned about Nightmare Moon's return.
10 years later, Twilight is told by Celestia to go to Ponyville to prepare for the next Summer Sun Celebration and on the way, search for some more friends, but instead, she is more focused on Nightmare Moon's return. She knows that the stars of the night will aid in Nightmare Moon's escape on the day of the next Summer Sun Celebration, and that the Elements of Harmony are her only chance to stop her. Twilight goes to Ponyville, and is intrigued by 5 ponies that hang out there: Rainbow Dash, a weather managing pegasus who dreams of joining a superb team of fliers known as the Wonderbolts, Pinkie Pie, a hyperactive Earth pony who loves to throw parties, and makes everyone in Ponyville smile, Rarity, a glamorous unicorn who works as a fashion designer, Applejack, an Earth pony that works on an apple farm with her family, and Fluttershy, a shy pegasus who tends and cares for animals. Then, during the Summer Sun Celebration, where it was said that Nightmare Moon would return, that actually happens, and Nightmare Moon comes back and plans to declare eternal night. Twilight reveals that she knows what Nightmare Moon intends to do, and plans to stop her. When the other 5 ponies are intrigued by her knowledge of this, they agree to aid her on her quest to do so. During their journey, the 6 ponies run into different obstacles created by Nightmare Moon that each of Twilight's new friends overcome with their skills. Applejack ensures Twilight that she won't fall to her death from a cliff and she doesn't, Fluttershy helps a rogue manticore with a splinter, Pinkie uses laughter to overcome fear, Rarity gives up part of her tail to a sea serpent in order to get across a river, and Rainbow Dash chooses her friends over her lifelong dreams to the Wonderbolts. Soon enough, Twilight and the others find the Elements of Harmony, but Nightmare Moon arrives and destroys them, declaring her victory. But she doesn't realize that since the 5 ponies Twilight came to trust have represented the 5 Elements of Harmony during their quest, their power ignites the 6th unknown Element of Magic, which Twilight represents. Together, The Mane 6 use the Elements to defeat Nightmare Moon, and restore her back into Princess Luna. Princess Celestia then gives Luna a chance to redeem herself of her ways, and she remorsefully agrees. After that, Celestia lets Twilight live in Ponyville with her 5 new friends, and continue to study the magic of friendship.
Return of Discord
Over time, since Princess Celestia and Luna are no longer in control of the Elements of Harmony, Discord is freed from his stone-cold prison, and goes back to bringing chaos in Equestria. Celestia summons Twilight and her friends, and informs them of Discord's return, and ensures that they need the Elements again in order to defeat him, only to find them gone. Discord then appears on the stained glass windows, and reveals that he knows the Mane 6's strengths and the Elements they represent, and has hidden the Elements far from their reach, and tells a riddle that reveals their location. Twilight assumes the Elements are in the castle's labyrinth, and they decide to search there. However, Discord takes away the group's horns and wings, and forces them to take part in a 'game' that requires that all the ponies must play with no flying and no magic, or he will win. Discord then separates the group into separate areas of the labyrinth, whereas Twilight tells them to regroup in the center. However, Discord has tricked 5 of the ponies into being the opposites of their true selves by using their powers against them in vain. Applejack starts to tell lies after being tricked into thinking that her friendship with the others will end in her future, Pinkie Pie starts to hate being laughed at after Discord shows her that laughter can be cruel and hurtful, Rarity is tricked into becoming greedy for a huge boulder that she sees as a bonafied diamond she names 'Tom', Fluttershy is turned rude by touch after proving to be unaffected by Discord's tricks, and Rainbow Dash is tricked to think that Cloudsdale will be destroyed without her, and she chooses it over her friends after Discord corrupts her into defiance and gives her her wings back, causing Rainbow Dash to leave the 'game', and leave Discord to victory. Twilight, being the only one not corrupted, figures out Discord's riddle, and finds the Elements in the library after a huge brawl with her corrupted friends. But after failing to stop Discord with the Elements after they fail to work due to Rainbow Dash being absent (Spike being the replacement), and her friends being too corrupted to power the Elements, Twilight ultimately gives up, falling into Discord's corruption and becomes depressed, soon attempting to leave Ponyville. But she soon finds out that Celestia has sent back all the letters she sent to her about friendship, she reads them all, and gains her confidence back after realizing that Discord was trying to distract her and her friends from their mission by destroying their friendships. Twilight then redeems 4 of her corrupted friends with a memory spell, and soon finds Rainbow Dash, who thinks a small cloud is Cloudsdale due to her corruption and refuses to help out. This results in a chase, and Twilight and the others successfully catch Rainbow Dash, and manage to redeem her. Together, the group successfully defeats Discord, once again turning him to stone. But something else has gone wrong during Discord's return. Since Nightus and Heavenslight weren't there, Discord's chaos has weakened the invisible magic barrier that protects Equestria from Mayhem, and it dissipates. Mayhem soon senses this, and has witnessed Twilight and her friends defeat Discord. Since then, Mayhem has begun spying on them and the Princesses in an attempt to know more about them before he returns.
Another evil appears when Shining Armor and Princess Cadance, after falling in love since the events of Magic University, have finally gained the courage to propose marriage. Twilight soon finds out, and is delighted to know that her brother is marrying her old and best foalsitter, and that Shining Armor didn't tell her because of security measures after rumors have speculated about an upcoming threat to Canterlot. But suspicions rise over Twilight when Cadance doesn't seem to remember her. It also raises Twilight's suspicions when Cadance shows bad behavior, secretly throwing away some of Applejack's apple fritters, criticizing Rarity's designs for her brides dress, and scolding Pinkie's partying antics. Twilight is soon losing trust in Cadance, and her suspicions are raised even further when she discovers that she's replaced her bridesmaids, and it gets worse when Twilight catches Cadance doing a magic spell that does things to Shining Armor's head. But when she tries warning everyone about Cadance's behavior, her missing bridesmades, and Cadance's magic mind trick, Shining Armor angrily replies that all the accusations were justified. First, Cadance was acting that way because she was stressed out at preparing for the wedding. Second, her bridesmaids were replaced because they had to meet Canterlot royalty. And third, she was fixing the migraines he was having from keeping the protective shield up 24/7. Everyone scolds her, and Twilight falls into tears. But upon apologizing to Cadance, she is soon sent sinking into the underground caves of Canterlot after Cadance replies that she WILL be sorry. Twilight soon learns that the evil Cadance was actually an impostor after finding the real Cadance trapped in the cave with her, who actually remembers her. They escape the caves after getting past the impostor's bridesmades, who have been bewitched, and stop the wedding, and reveal the impostor. Cadance reveals the impostor to be a changeling, a shapeshifting creature that feeds off of love and affection by taking the form of one's lovemate. Her cover being blown, the impostor shows her true colors, and reveals herself to be Queen Chrysalis, the queen of the changelings, who has been searching for food for her subjects, and took the form of Cadance in order to take control of Shining Armor and weaken his protective shield spell so her changelings could break free and feed off of Equestria's high concentration of love and affection. She has even been able to unnoticingly overpower Celestia using the power she has gained from Shining Armor's love for Cadance. Celestia urges the Mane 6 to use the Elements of Harmony to defeat Chrysalis, and they fight their way there, only to wind up getting captured. But Cadance is able to snap Shining Armor out of his trance and power up his weakened magic with the power of love, instantly pushing Chrysalis and her changelings out of Equestria for good. With the threat defeated, Shining Armor and Cadance finally get married.
The Return of the Crystal Empire
After vanishing during the Great Fear War, the Crystal Empire has finally returned. But so has King Sombra, who has attempted to regain the Empire under the order of Pitch Black, who is still seeking revenge on Twilight and Celestia. Celestia hears the news, and gets Shining Armor and Cadance to protect it, and summons Twilight for a test. She explains to Twilight that her knowledge of the Crystal Empire is limited, but what she does know is that King Sombra had once ruled the Empire, and aimed to use it's power to rule all of Equestria. She further explains that when love and hope takes over the Empire, it is spread through all of Equestria. But if hatred and fear take over, Equestria will be consumed in a state of evil and fear (Which explains why Pitch taught Sombra in the ways of black magic). Twilight's test will be to protect the Crystal Empire with her friends, Shining Armor and Cadance. And so, she and her friends arrive in the frozen arctic where they meet up with Shining Armor, but are soon chased by King Sombra, who disables Shining Armor's magic ability with his dark crystals. The Mane 6 arrive to find out that Cadance is encompassing the Empire with a protective shield to keep Sombra from entering, and that he has already counteracted Shining Armor's shield. Twilight and her friends decide to search for answers from the locals, but they have no memory about what happened before Sombra took over, and are scared to even remember. Eventually, Twilight finds a book about the Crystal Empire's history, and she and her friends use it to bring up a traditional faire which raises the Crystal Ponies' hope and love, and Twilight has sculpted a Crystal Heart in order for it to remain. But as this progresses, Rainbow Dash soon learns that the Crystal Heart was actually a relic that, when fueled by the Crystal Ponies' hope and love, shined it all throughout Equestria, and that King Sombra had hidden it where nopony would ever find it. Twilight soon gets word, and finds that the page explaining the Crystal Heart's purpose has been torn out. Then Cadance's shield wears out, and King Sombra begins to enter. But not before Cadance brings the shield back up, shearing Sombra's horn clean off. Twilight tells the others to keep the Faire running while she and Spike find the Crystal Heart. They soon find a hidden spiral staircase hidden in Sombra's old throne powered by black magic. At the bottom, Twilight uses her black magic skill to open a door, only to lead to Canterlot's throne room where Celestia says that she has failed the test, and that she is no longer her faithful student. But Spike soon wakes her from her trance, only to wind up in it himself, seeing Twilight abandoning him. Twilight then realizes the door has been bewitched into a door that 'leads to your worst fears'. Twilight uses light magic on the door, and goes up an endless staircase, and at the top, finds the Crystal Heart. However, Twilight triggers the alarm, and Sombra traps her in a wall barrier of black crystals. Twilight then sends Spike to take the Crystal Heart to the Faire, but Spike falls off the tower when Sombra enters the Empire when Cadance's shield finally wears off. Cadance soon saves Spike, and returns the Crystal Heart to the Faire, where the Crystal Ponies use their love and hope to power the Heart, and ultimately defeat Sombra. Even though she didn't bring back the Heart, Celestia says that she showed great self-sacrifice during her mission, and that she has passed the test. But this victory only worsens Twilight's thoughts because she soon swears to never use black magic again, especially after her encounter with Pitch Black, and that the door that leads to worse fears have only made her fears worse.
Arrival of the Shell Lodgers
After the Crystal Empire was saved, Twilight and her friends began doing many adventures with the Shell Lodge and in their own land. Celestia soon decides that Discord should be rehabilitated, and thanks to Fluttershy, it was a lucky success. However, Discord still had a long way to go. After a while, Princess Celestia and Luna finally retrieved the missing 5 Elements of Harmony back from Taiklar Blackheart's hideout, and the underwater kingdom of Equantica has been returned to the Equestrian seas after Discord placed a curse on it during his reign of chaos. Twilight has also started learning to control her vulnerability to black magic by training with Discord's new love interest, Black Kat, in the ways of Equinox Magic. Along the way, Celestia discusses with the Canterlot Unicorn Council about the time they crown a new princess for Equestria. The first choice was Prince Blueblood, Celestia's adopted nephew. But he was denied for the position due to not being of Canterlot blood. Celestia then decides that Twilight should be given the opportunity. The Council agrees by allowing Celestia to give her a task of completing one of Starswirl's unfinished spells. Once the task is sent, Twilight accidentally causes her friends' cutie marks to be mixed up by unknowingly chanting the spell. The next day, she discovers that Rarity has Rainbow Dash's cutie mark, and is failing at doing her job. She also finds Rainbow Dash with Fluttershy's cutie mark, Pinkie Pie with Applejack's cutie mark, Fluttershy with Pinkie Pie's cutie mark, and Applejack with Rarity's cutie mark. Blaming herself for ruining her friends' lives, Twilight falls into sadness. Spike soon convinces Twilight to fix everything, and makes each of her friends discover their real purposes in life, and hitting them with a memory spell to restore their cutie marks and their memories. With her friends back to normal, Twilight finishes the spell, and the Unicorn Council decrees that Twilight has passed, and Celestia turns her into an Alicorn Princess. A ceremony is held at Canterlot celebrating Twilight's new ascention, and things don't seem to go so well for Blueblood. After a while, Twilight meets up with Taiku again while she and her friends are playing in the labyrinth with Discord. But as she remembers her times with Taiku and his friends at Magic University, she goes sinking deeper into sadness when she discovers that Gary Skalesworth, whom she scolded and abandoned without giving a second thought, has become anti-social, seemingly with no possible hope. After going through another adventure with Spike in a human world at the Crystal Empire, she continues her adventures, and prepares for the next Grand Galloping Gala, where Celestia would announce the new bearers of the old Elements of Harmony that were stolen by Taiklar. Team Nefarious hires a few allies, including Blueblood, and the result of this battle causes Celestia to almost die due to a deitity exclusive desise that would later be reveiled as "Morality Illness" far later down the road. She manages to survive and Blueblood is forgiven for his actions, and Nefarious is thrown in Prison 42.... Again. Though that victory was brief and bittersweet cause he escapes through incredability dumb luck, again. But Twilight's adventures are just beginning. She still needs to embrace her Alicornhood, she is still learning from Black Kat, and she has more to do than ever.
The Plunder Weed Infestation
A few months later, the Tree of Harmony's magic begin to dissipate without the power of the Elements of Harmony, and this allow's Mayhem and Discord's old plunder seeds to sprout and carry out the job that they were originally intended to do: Capture Celestia and Luna, and take over the Tree of Harmony. Celestia and Luna go missing, and the Plunder Weeds begin invading Equestria, causing black spiked clouds and the Sun and Moon to come together at the same time. Twilight flies to Ponyville to her old library with Spike, and while she and her friends discuss for a while, they figure that Discord is the culprit, and they summon him during a shower. After Fluttershy defends Discord by bringing up the probability that Discord may not be guilty, Discord refuses to help after his accusations, and decides that Zecora should help. Zecora has been having problems with the Plunder Seeds as well, and gives Twilight an Alicorn potion that Twilight uses to see visions from the past. She first sees the time Celestia first banished Luna when the Nightmare Forces turned her into Nightmare Moon. She watches the battle in devastation, and even breaks down crying at one point. After this proves nothing because she didn't took an adaquite enough sip, Twilight takes another sip of the potion, and then sees the time Discord was first defeated when he and Mayhem were still ruling. She also sees Celestia and Luna discovering the Tree of Harmony, and using it's Elements to defeat Discord. So she and her friends decide to head out into the Everfree Forest to search for the Tree while Discord sits back and enjoys the mischief in Ponyville. After fighting off a cragodile, Twilight's friends decide that bringing Twilight around is too risky, so she and Spike return to Ponyville. After a brief conversation with Discord, and a very unpleasant one at that, Twilight tries to reunite with her friends. But when Spike tries getting a better view, Twilight is attacked by gas-plants, and Spike is forced to warn the others. They reach her before the plants finish her off. When they finally reach the Tree of Harmony, they decide to give up the Elements of Harmony, and return them to the tree and allow it to save Equestria from the Plunder Weeds, much to Discord's dismay, and frees Celestia and Luna. After their victory, the Tree sprouts an unknown 6-keyholed box that Celestia says is an adventure that Twilight won't be going on alone. Reuniting with Discord, he is forced to pull himself together when he is quick to ponder the possibilities with the Elements gone, and he confirms that during his reign of chaos, he used those Plunder Weeds to try and capture the Princesses and take over the Tree of Harmony, and that it took them until now to carry it out, claiming that he was teaching Twilight a lesson about being Princess. However, his actions would eventually lead him to being prosecuted by the citizens of Ponyville, and force him to hide until the heat dies down. Twilight soon begins doing research on the mysterious box after she and her friends have a slumber party at Sugarcube Corner, and tell stories to the Baby Cakes to get them to go to sleep. Celestia decides to give her the old castle in the Everfree Forest, and Twilight gets caught up in reading Celestia and Luna's old diary, and she and her friends decide to write their own diary while still trying to locate the 6 keys to the mysterious box.
The Dark Invasion of Qui
After the Plunder Weeds were stopped, Discord was hated by all the ponies in Ponyville, if not almost all of Equstia, including Headmaster Shineflare, who she ordered no interference from the Shell Lodge Squad during Discord's trial, and a mob was formed, led by the misguided dragon-slayer Pred Judu Des. But when Darkness Qui frames Discord for the disappearance of Pred and his adoptive daughters, Discord was sentenced immediately and banished. But without the Elements of Harmony to protect Equestria, the Villain League, the Dark Dragon Scourge, and Team Nefarious are all invited by Darkness Qui and other independent villains into invading Equestria, and Darkness Qui takes over Canterlot. Unfortunately, the villain teams weren't willing to join forces as Qui had planned, so she was forced to give them 3 parts of the world where she would rule them all, for at least until she can get a plan to get them to finally put aside their differences and join at last. Qui was able to corrupt Discord, as well as his entire race in their homeland of Draconequua, into wreaking more chaos, and she genetically mutated the Plunder Weeds into being more lethal. She also planned to take the Tree of Harmony and corrupt it AND it's Elements into Elements of Darkness as means to finally make the villain teams to seise their "childish" rivalries and finally consider burying the hachet. Luckily, this was stopped by not just the Shell Lodge Squad, but by the other heroes of the UUniverses and Saldaron, who was able to alter time so that Qui never learned how to corrupt, and the Tree of Harmony was restored. After Avatar Cynder and Qui get into a fight, Cynder attempts to send her to the Dark Realm and sacrifice her good side because of Qui's actions without thinking what it could cause. After a big argument that causes Cynder's anger to grow stronger, she decides to let Qui go. When she leaves after swearing not to attack Equestria again (But we know that's bullshit cause she promised that BEFORE in Love and Truths), the villains were captured and forced to leave, while the independent villains were sent to Prison 42 and/or to lesser prisons to those not that strong of a threat because of certain tecnecalities. Discord was forgiven for the moment, and all of Equestria was brought back to normal.
Lord Tirek's Return
The Lodge was given a big break after defeating Qui, and it lasted until the time Princess Twilight was sent to the Crystal Empire to help out with royalty. But after an entire season, she feels like she wants more. Then Celestia and Luna get a vision later that night, and inform Twilight about a Darkspawn lord named Tirek, who originally planned to rule Equestria with his brother, Scorpan, until Scorpan became friends with Starswirl the Bearded. When Tirek refused to stand down, Scorpan reported it to Celestia and Luna, and Tirek was banished to Tartarus. Unfortunately, when Cerberus escaped Tartarus during the 2nd Season, Tirek managed to escape, and uses his powers to suck up unicorn magic to make him grow stronger. Much to Twilight's surprise, Celestia chooses Discord to hunt him down because of his magic-tracking skills, and Discord was at least nice enough to give Twilight and her friends a clue about opening the 6-key chest from the Tree of Harmony. During their break, Twilight's friends were able to discover new facts about their powers, and the symbols of those discoveries, if brought to the Tree chest, would each turn into a key. Twilight, however, is the only one that didn't discover anything about her powers of friendship. But things take a turn for the worse when Twilight discovers that Tirek has suckered Discord into joining forces with him, and helps him capture ponies and suck out their powers to regain his strength and powers. So Celestia, Luna, and Cadance decide to infuse their Alicorn magic into Twilight for safe-keeping, and asks to keep it a secret from her friends to avoid risks. But when Tirek takes control of the castle with Discord, Tirek discovers that there is a 4th Princess through the stained-glass windows, and Tirek decides to search for her after giving Discord a medallion as a sign of Discord being reliable. But soon, when Discord captures Twilight's friends and allows Tirek to drain their powers, much to the sadness of Fluttershy, Tirek suddenly double-crosses Discord, sucking up all his magic, and saying that the medallion actually belonged to Scorpan, and claims that Discord is as useless as he was. Tirek soon manages to find Twilight, and after a big and brutal fight, uses her friends and Discord to bargain the stored Alicorn magic. Twilight agrees, and she even asks that Discord be freed despite his betrayal, and Tirek becomes invincible with his maximized powers. Discord gives Scorpan's medallion to Twilight as a sign of friendship to apologize for his actions, and this makes Twilight discover the last key to the Tree chest, and brings the medallion there, where it becomes the sixth and final key, and when the chest opens, the Mane 6 use their newfound Elemental powers to banish Tirek back into Tartarus once again, reducing him back to his depowered form, returning all the ponies' power, and turns Twilight's Library (Which was destroyed during the fight with Twilight and Tirek) into a tree-like castle which Celestia explains belongs to Twilight and her friends (And maybe even Discord). Twilight is then named the Princess of Friendship, and she and her friends are now given the powers of the Elements of Harmony even without them. Unfortunately, these events cause Equestria to sentence Discord into community service as an assistant of Twilight's new kingdom, the judge having forgiven Discord for his actions, much to the dismay of the ponies who still view him as a traitor.
Starlight Glimmer's Campaign
Return of The Pillars of Equestria
Restoring Outer Peace
The influence of the ponies' departure from all other lands is finally realized and prioritized in Late 2017 when Equestria is invaded by The Storm Clan, a family of satyr conquerors from their homeland of Pana corrupted thanks to the influence of Lord Chaos, through their sole heir The Storm King and his corrupted henchpony Tempest Shadow, who turns Celestia, Luna, and Cadance to obsidian stone, but fails to do so to Twilight as she and her friends escape through the waterfall, and seek out help from a suggested 'queen of hippos' by Celestia before she was petrified. They head to the outer south territories beyond Equestria and arrive in Klugetown where they escape another attack from Tempest after learning Celestia was referring to 'hippogriffs' at Mount Aris, and after escaping another attack on a pirate ship usurped by Storm King, they make it to Mount Aris, only to discover it's city of Hippogrifia dormant and that the hippogriffs retreated underwater weeks following the Storm King's attack on their home and are now seaponies, and find their queen, who unwittingly refuses aid, urging the frustrated and desperate Twilight to attempt to steal the magic pearl that granted them seapony forms, only to trigger security, be transformed back into ponies by the disgruntled queen, and banished. Twilight regretfully snaps in frustration at her friends for being unhelpful, and is captured and robbed of her magic by Storm King, yet her regretful friends, with help from the allies they made in their travels, help fight Storm King with help from Tempest after Storm King double-crosses her, and it results in him getting turned to an obsidian statue and smashed. As time goes by and more family members turn up, by the time the Storm Clan resurrects Storm King, the heroes discovers that the outside world has forgotten the power of friendship and seeks to aid by spreading it for the deceased Alicorn Gods.
Equestria's main capital is Canterlot, where the Celestial Sisters live and watch over Equestria. It was also the hometown of Twilight Sparkle and Spike prior to their relocation to Ponyville, a small town where Twilight's friends live, and is now the home of Twilight's Castle as Princess of Friendship. Canterlot is where large events such as the Grand Galloping Gala take place. There is also the Crystal Empire, a prosperous kingdom which was once threatened by a corrupt black sorcerer king who oppressed the kingdom until he made it disappear prior to his defeat, and eventually returned and was rescued by Twilight and her friends, and mainly Spike, now being looked after by Celestia's niece, Princess Cadance.
There are also several other locations found across Equestria, such as Cloudsdale, the mobile cloud-based hometown of Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy where only aerial creatures can inhabit and walk on the clouds and manages all weather in Equestria, Manehatten, a New York-styled metropolitan city where several business activities such as fashion competitions take place, Appleloosa, a desert Western town where Applejack's cousin, Braeburn, lives and has several annual rodeos, the Everfree Forest which is a forest on the outskirts of Ponyville which is filled with dangerous creatures, is the home of a zebra named Zecora, and was the location of the former home of Celestia and Luna. There are also minor locations such as Rainbow Falls, Dodge Junction, Fillydelphia, and many others.
There are also locations outside of pony territory. Some main examples are Draconequua, the chaotic homeland of the Draconequui located on a large island across the sea, Equantica, an underwater kingdom and the merpony capital in the Celestial Sea which was rescued by Fluttershy after Discord cursed it to be relocated to Destiny Island seas long ago, Griffinmainia, the homeland of the griffins which is only across the Celestial Sea just a few miles west, as well as their colony of Griffonstone, the hometown of Gilda, as well as a massive dragon territory of Dragonia southeast of Equestria and below Griffinmainia, and a few other lands belonging to different sentient creatures. There's also an ancient prison land in the Mysterious South called Tartarus, where ancient evil creatures such as the Darkspawn lord Tirek and the Bug-Bear are imprisoned and guarded by the menacing three-headed dog Cerberus.
Another significant fact about Equestria is that it keeps the only access point to an alternate dimension often referred to as Human Equestria, where all UUniversal beings exist as human counterparts. This particular world was created by an ancient dimensional witch named Coo, who created this dimension as a war-free environment after the loss of her homeworld during the First Cartoonian War, creating it on the eve of AD. Equestria holds the portal to get there, which only naturally opens every thirty moons, yet was artificially programmed by Twilight to open at any time. This very portal is the only access to the human dimension.
Outside the bounds of Equestria are lands that have remained forsaken by ponies since the Chaos Wars. Following the events of the 2017 MLP Movie with the attack of the Storm King, the Southern Lands outside Equestria have allowed the ponies to learn the impact that was left in outer territory since Equestria was founded, as while other sentient beings made their own communities, not all of them had the purity of ponies. Other lands include:
- Alicornia- The capital and homeland of the Alicorn Gods eons ago, and now rests on the back of a giant holy phoenix and never stays in one place forever.
- Questra- Historically known as Dream Valley, this is a paradisiac land located far in the outer east where creatures from all corners of the world can be found, and is the home of the Guardians of Harmony, the world's strongest native heroes. It is also the secret homeland of the ponies of Equestria before the foundation of Equestria where they thrived during the Alicorn Era.
- Constellatia- A polar land located far north from Equestria, and the birthplace of creatures based on constellations such as the Ursa Minor and Major, and the home of the fabled Hippos Athanatos.
- Draconequua- (Leaders: King Wacky and Queen Pranks) The island homeland of Draconequui, and is a land of surrealism and chaos.
- Dragonia- (Leader: King Drakesis) Often called Dragonmainia or Draconia, among other names, this is the homeland of dragons of any kind.
- Wild Dragon Lands- (Leader: Princess Ember) A rogue land of rogue dragons that remained after the formation of the organized monarchy of Draconia.
- Griffia- (Leader: King Cedric) Often called Griffinmainia or Griffin Lands, among other names, this is the homeland of griffins of any kind.
- Centauria/Centaurmainia- (Leaders: King Centauri, Queen Abigale II, Queen Lapitha) The homeland of Equestrian centaurs located west of Equestria. Centaurs there have cutie marks that are actually birth marks that show what the baby will be good at upon maturity.
- Centaurasia- The capital of Centaurmainia.
- Ichthyocentauria- (Leader: King Bytho) The underwater land of ichthyocentaurs, or mermaid centaurs.
- Elaphocentauria- (Leader: Queen Sycamore) The forest land of elaphocentaurs, or deer centaurs.
- Onocentauria- (Leader: King Onolatry) The land of onocentaurs, or donkey centaurs.
- Pterocentauria- (Leader: King Atmos) The mountainous cloudy land of pterocentaurs, or winged centaurs.
- Cynocentauria- (Leader: Queen Lupa) The land of cynocentaurs, or dog/wolf centaurs.
- Bucentauria- (Leader: King Tauro) The pasteur land of bucentaurs, or cow centaurs.
- Changeling Lands- (Leaders: King Thorax, formerly Queen Chrysalis) The homeland of Changelings, insectoid ponies that feed on love and have shapeshifting powers. The lands is very rich in magic-negating substances, and was a former wasteland until Chrysalis' deposition left the land to grow vibrant with the rogue Changeling Thorax taking over and his brother Pharynx being the leader of his guard, all while taking more beautiful forms. Underneath the land is a series of massive underground caves which was where the Changelings originated until Starswirl the Bearded accidentally freed them long ago. The land, though infested with other creatures like Maulwurths, Hodags (Giant insectivorous frog creatures related to the Bufogren), Diranhas (wet earth-swimming piranhas), and amphisbaenas (ant-eating serpents), they have mainly have arthropod creatures like emmets (giant mythological ants), myrmecoleons (ant-lions), literal dragonflies, pyraustas, acromantulas (Giant spiders), gloomwings (giant moths), garbugs (giant lobster-bugs), stegocentipedes (spined giant centipedes), stalag-mites (stalagmites-shelled mites) and Spid-Lactites (Stalactite-shelled spiders), chizpurfles (magic-eating crabs), fire crabs (jewel-encrusted shelled turtle-crab creatures with fiery claws and stingers), sea bees, abatwas (mount-sized ants), wyrms (worm-like drakes), etc.
- Changeling Hive- The capital of the Changeling Lands and the living residence of most Changelings in the land.
- Wilted Wastes- An area in the Changeling Lands which still remain a barren wasteland and a forbidden zone.
- Chrysalis Tree- The tree in Wilted Wastes where Chrysalis and her entire corrupt kingdom escaped thanks to Starswirl the Bearded.
- Changeling Underground- The dormant underground caves which was the origin home of Changelings, and the location of Temples called Cocoon Temples which contain eon-hibernating old-era Changelings including King Seta and formerly Queen Throx the 500th, the parents of Queen Chrysalis and Queen Destiny, among other awakened Changelings now living in the present era, and filled with subterranean creatures like cementapedes (rock-plated centipedes), bloodwyrms, and amphisbaenas, and is now plagued with toxins and diseases including Changeling flu and pox, which causes non-Changelings to experience what a bug would including molting, projectile vomiting, difficulty breathing to where nosebleeds can be apparent, a liking to insects, and most importantly, a craving for love and an increased chance of being affected by pheromones, which can go as far as sexual activity, and since the flu is an STD, that can be dangerous.
- Changeling Aquifers- (Leaders: King Homarus and Queen Soma) The underground oceans of the Changeling Underground and the homeland of Sea Changelings, who are the Changeling variety of seaponies that despite having territory outside their subterranean ocean home, have their own territory and can usually be found in the deepest of trenches, getting along with the seaponies and merponies better than terrestrial creatures as a result of a more stable rule than the land changelings. Also capable of shapeshifting, magic, and consuming love, the Sea Changelings can also consume magic, and are more akin to crustaceans than bugs, mainly decapods, as they cannot fly unless they take the shape of a flying creature. There are also other aquatic creatures like the Malaclaw (Giant predatory silver lobsters) and marine wyrms (polychaete drakes).
- Tartarus- (Leader: King Tartarus) The world's biggest penal lands in the far south and the former homeland of a race of skeletal-looking ponies called Thestrals, which were almost like their Harry Potter counterparts.
- Styx Ocean- Based on the mythical River of Styx, this astral ocean contains aquatic monsters which are sent directly there by the Rivers of Styx.
- Thestria- (Leaders: Princess Styx, Princess Lethe, Prince Phlegethon, Prince Acheron, and Prince Cocytus) The new homeland of the Thestrals lead by King Tartarus' five children.
- Thestralot- The capital of Thestria.
- Pana- (Leader: King Thyrsus) The original homeland of many hippopods or anthropomorphic mythical beings such as fauns, satyrs, ogres, orcs, trolls, goblins, hobgoblins, cyclopses, hippopodes, satyruses, callitrixes, struthopod, gorgas, ipotanes, harpies, gorgons, boggarts, homunculuses, ents, brownies, gremlins, gargoyles, ettins, grylluses, troglodytes, gegeneses, and the namesake pans, as well as mainly the Panan Satyrs, which are a hybrid of both traditional satyrs and Pans made their own race by generational interbreeding, which includes the Storm Clan, located southwest of Equestria.
- Talos Statue- A historic monument built from the namesake automaton that persevered during the Obsidian Wars.
- Abyssinia- (Leader: Queen Ethiopia) The homeland of sentient anthropomorphic animals, predominantly by anthropomorphic cats, located far west from Equestria. It is a trade nation.
- Panthera- The capital of Abyssinia that was briefly robbed of it's riches by Storm King before they were saved by a charity drive.
- Ornithia- A tropical land in Abyssinia and the homeland of Captain Celaeno.
- Entymia/Insectopia- A land in Abyssinia filled with sentient and anthropomorphic insects.
- Saurusia- A hidden underground land in Abyssinia full of sentient and anthropomorphic dinosaurs.
- Seaquestria- (Leader: Queen Novo) The capital of average seaponies located beneath the hippogriff colony of Mount Aris/Hippogrifia in the southern Celestial Sea.
- Equantica- (Leaders: King Barrier Reef and Queen Oceanious) An underwater kingdom and capital of merponies, the seaponies' part-pony cousins, which was victimized many times and cursed off-world before being returned back to it's home in the Northern Celestial Sea.
- Hippalectryia- (Leader: King Kylix) The homeland of hippalectryons, half-pony half-rooster/hen, which are either impure or pure after interbreeding with ponies and flightless chicken-like griffins, yet they are capable of flight and have magic via a magic thunder egg. They and the hippogriffs both had rivalries with each other in the past and still do sometimes. This land is located just southeast and not too far from Hippogriffinstone.
- Mount Aeschylus- The homeland of the original
- Mount Aristophanes- The homeland of the impure hippalectryons.
- Hippogriff Lands- (Leader: King Nephostratus, Future Leader: Queen Corono) The homeland of hippogriffs, part-pony and part-eagle, located in the far east, that are the result of interbreeding with ponies and griffins. There are two variants: Pure Hippogriffs that are closer to Equestrians as the result of generational interbreeding making them their own species, and the Impure Hippogriffs, which are either the result of recent interbreeding, or they are the opposite of the pure hippogriffs, being much closer to griffins. Due to conflicting interests, they separated their land with a wall.
- Hippogrypha/Hippogriffinmainia- (Leader: King Fangbeak) The impure hippogriff lands as the hippogriffs there look more traditionally like a cross between ponies and griffins, or as bronies would call it, "Pre-Movie Hippogriffs".
- Hippogriffinstone- The pure hippogriff lands, which are the purest of hippogriffs and are the variant that appears in the movie.
- Biquestria- (Leaders: Prince Major Pulse and Prince Minor Pulse) The homeland of the bicorns, or two-horned unicorns of unknown Equestrian origin, located east of Equestria. The bicorns use their two horns to harness both light and dark magic and are effectively good Equinox masters.
- Sphinxia- The Egyptian homeland of the extinct Sphinx, including the Sphinx defeated by Somnambula.
- Capridia- (Leader: King Capris) The homeland of Equestrian goats, sheep and rams, and other mythical caprids.
- Hircinia- The capital of Capridia and the homeland of goats.
- Corinthia- (Leader: King Goldrock) The homeland of goldhorns, or antelopes/rams with golden horns, located in the north from Equestria.
- Ovia- (Leader: Queen Woolla) The homeland of sheep.
- Ibexia- (Leader: Emperor Alpine) The Asian homeland of ibexes.
- Musimonia- (Leader: King Tryon) The homeland of musimons, half-goat and half-sheep creatures with four horns, two curved and two straight, along with their Pegasus-like relative the Tityrus and their Unicorn-like relative the or Tytron.
- Aegicampia- (Leader: Queen Aegis) The homeland of aegicampuses, or often times impure capricorns.
- Centicoria- (Leader: King Benthorn) The homeland of the centicores, or yales.
- Capricornia- (Leader: King Capricious) A currently dormant underwater city and homeland of the capricorns.
- Mount Oreos- The homeland of mountain goats.
- Tambelon- A forbidden land and a corrupt kingdom ruled by Darkspawn worshipping rams like Grogar and Baphomet.
- Cervia- (Leaders: King Redwood) (Deer and father of King Aspen) The homeland of Equestrian deer, moose, caribou, and deer-like mythical beings, and the birthplace of deer colonies like the comics-introduced Deerlands located within the bounds of the Everfree Forest. It is located northeast from Equestria.
- Alcia- (Leader: Chief Alces) The homeland of moose and elk.
- Rangifia- (Leader: King Boreal) The homeland of reindeer and caribou found in the most northern parts of Cervia. This land is noted around Hearth's Warming because special Equestrian reindeer that have embraced the stronger magic of polar lands and take up the role of Santa Claus, delivering presents to good people around the world with their ingenuity and expert crafting skills, as well as their ability to fly, essentially being an entire race of Santa's reindeer called Hearth Reindeer.
- Hippocervia- (Leader: Queen Ode) The homeland of hippocervuses, part-pony and part-deer.
- Hircocervia- (Leader: Queen Hymn) The homeland of hircocervuses, part-goat and part-deer.
- Mount Borges- (Leaders: King Evergreen and Queen Paulownia) The tallest mountain in Cervia and the capital of the Peryton Kingdom.
- Mesocervia- (Leader: King Totem) The secret underground homeland under Cervia to surviving Irish elks, bush-antlered deer, etc.
- Tauria- (Leader: King Lactose) The homeland of all bovines like cows, buffalo, bison, yaks, elands, etc.
- Bovinia- The capital of Tauria and the homeland of bulls and cows.
- Bisonia- (Leader: Chief Peak) The open desert homeland of bison.
- Synceria- (Leader: Chief Oxford) The open grassy homeland of all the kinds of buffalo.
- Yakia- (Leader: King Plateaux) The original homeland of the yaks.
- Pterotauria- (Leader: King Aldebaran) The homeland of pterotaurs, or flying cows.
- Unitauria- (Leader: Queen Alcyone) The homeland of unitaurs, or re'em or cow unicorns.
- Taurotragia- (Leader: Chief Spiralhorn) The grassy homeland of elands.
- Seatauria- (Leader: Queen Mangrove) The underwater homeland of taurocampuses.
- Ophiotauria- (Leader: Chief Fasti) The homeland of ophiotaurs, or snake-backed cows.
- Quinotauria- (Leader: Queen Zembla) The underwater homeland of quinotaurs.
- Mesotauria- (Leader: King Bedrock) The underground homeland under Tauria of surviving aurochs, shrub ox, and giant bison, among others.
- Potamia- The African homeland of sentient ungulates like zebras, hippos, antelopes, giraffes, elephants, camels, okapis, and so on, located on the borders of Equestria with a watering hole and Nile-like stream called the Potamus River, in the middle of it. It has a menagerie of African mythological creatures including kongamatos (large pterodactyl-like bats), serpopards (Snake-necked leopards), emelantoukas (Lizard-like rhinos), mokelembembes (River-dwelling lizard monsters), grootslangs (Giant cave snakes), lightning birds, mazombas (Giant Africanized piranha monsters), ilombas (African sea serpents), jbafofis (Giant magic-eating cave spiders), rompoes (Pack-hunting beasts with the head of a hare, human ears, a skeleton-like body, the front arms of a badger, and the rear legs of a bear), asanbosams (Vampiric chimps with metal teeth and claws), adzes (Magical symbiotic fireflies), inkanyambas (Pony-headed serpents), obias (Giant witch-bred bear dogs), obayifos (Parasitic leech creatures), skull vultures, Nemean lions, hydrenas (Hyena-hydras), nandi bears, and so on. It has been also referred to by some as the Grasslands.
- Zebria- (Leader: King Mstari) The Zebra Lands of Potamia.
- Okapia- (Leader: Queen Liana) The Okapi Lands of Potamia.
- Antelopia- (Leader: Queen Nappe) The Antelope Lands of Potamia.
- Giraffia- (Leader: Chief Giraffa) The Giraffe Lands of Potamia.
- Hippopotamia- (Leader: Queen Allochthon) The Hippo Lands of Potamia.
- Rhinoceria- (Leader: Chief Butte) The Rhino Lands of Potamia.
- Elephantia- (Leader: King Tembo) The Elephant Lands of Potamia.
- Alcelaphia- (Leader: King Chaka) The Wildebeest Lands of Potamia.
- Camelia- (Leader: Pharaoh Dune) The Camel Lands of Potamia.
- Behemian Wastes- The once land of feral and semi-sentient Behemoths. But due to their over-destructive nature, they were hunted to extinction by the Alicorns. Now it lays as a wasteland filled with skeletons of slain Behemoths. It is also refered to as "The Bhemoth Graveyard", basicly the equestiran equilent to the pridelands' Elephant Graveyard, which is now only home to dragon vultures, dragon hyenas, and bone collecting Hobgoblin tribes.
- Oliphantia- (Leader: Chief Cliff-Fall) The open homeland of the tribal oliphants.
- Paleopotamia- (Leader: King Hengetrunk) The secret underground homeland under Potamia to surviving mammoths, wooly rhinos, quagga, deinotheres, etc.
- The Megalith- The capital building of Paleopotamia.
- Lascaux Catacombs- The cave painting-covered entrance to Paleopotamia that is actually a maze and the old escape hatches for the ancestors of the natives to escape the First Windigo Ice Age for 1 million years.
- Quinka- (Leader: Elder Eucalyptus) Often simplifived as 'The Down Under Lands', this is an Australian island continent located in the southeast Maricolous Ocean and the homeland to the Quinkans, or marsupial pony-griffins, who use magic through their subconscious mind harnessing a magic ether reality called the Dreaming. The land is also home to Australian mythical creatures such as bunyips (Aquatic crocodilian canines including the Three-Horned Bunyip), drop bears (Predatory koala monsters), oozlums (Radiant colored mythical birds), dirawongs (Magical glowing fire-breathing monitor lizards), minka birds (Australian misfortunate bird), wagyls (Dreamtime snake), yowies (Giant Australian sasquatch), akurras (Fire-breathing magical snakes), wirnpas (Anaconda-like watery snake), muldjewangks (Nocturnal semi-amphibious river eels), papinijuwaris (Carnivorous cyclops people), Yaramayhawhos (Mischievous brown-skinned troll monkeys), cheeroonears (Monstrous diamond-eating Diamond Dog relatives), dhinnabarradas (Emu-legged humanoids), eer-moonans (Echidna tribesmen), nifflers (Exactly like the creatures of the same name from Fantastic Beasts), tiddaliks (Laughing water-breathing Bufogren relative), jackaroos (Jackalope wallabies), ooroos (Giant killer kangaroos), peludas (Shaggy draconian platypuses), ompaxes (Duck-billed platypus-fishes), wati-kutjaras (Monitor goblins), Kinie Gers (Quoll elves), bungils (Mythical wedge-tailed eagles), pioials (Scorpion creatures), galerus (Rainbow snakes), julanas (Giant trapdoor spiders), and billywigs (Fast sapphire dragonfly that has hallucinogenic ecstasy-inducing sting venom).
- Dreamingstone- The capital of Quinka.
- Scarred Forest- A forest of scarred trees and the Quinkan version of the Everfree Forest.
- Asgardia- (Leader: King Runestone) A Norse land located north from Equestria and centered within a giant magic tree called Yggdrasil and the homeland of the Sleipnirs (8-legged ponies), as well as other Norse creatures like Fenrirs, or giant feral and dangerous wolves, along with their more dangerous Hroovitnir and Vanagandr cousins, Jörmungandr which are giant Zolom-like serpents with venom that causes 'Ragnarökysis' in which the victim experiences apocalyptic hallucinations and sporadic and psychotic behavior, Fafnir and Nidhogg dragons, lindworms, ratatoskrs, harts, wights, gullinbursts, Búri, Brunnmigis, Eikpyrnirs, Hildisvinis, Marmennill, Veorfolnirs, Hraesvelgrs, Vioopnirs, Habroks, Gullinkambis, etc.
- Yggdrasil- The capital of Asgardia.
- Fountain of Eitr- The expansive magical lake bordering Yggdrasil filled with eitr, the source of Asgardia's magic.
- Bifröst Bridge- A rainbow bridge and the only entrance to Asgardia.
- Muspelheim Wastes- A fiery graveyard created by the Ragnarok War.
- Niflheim Mountains- The tallest mountains in Asgardia.
- Jötunheim- The homeland of the Jotnars, giant godly trolls and the Sleinirs' mortal enemies that started the Ragnarok War, as well as the stronger Utgaroars.
- Iounn Forest- An enchanted yet very forbidden forest.
- Minotauria/Minotaurmainia- (Leader: King Chulk Cogan) The homeland of minotaurs located far west from Equestria and despite hardly having foreign visitors due to bad reputations from individuals like Well-To-Do, they are still their own strong willed people.
- Labyrinthine- The capital of Minotauria.
- Scythius- (Leader: ???) The homeland of the Arimaspi neighboring Griffinmainia in the north, bordered by the Riphea Mountains, located far northeast from Equestria.
- Bushwoolia- (Leaders: King Twee and Queen Squee) The Native American-style homeland of the G4 Bushwoolies located far northwest from Equestria. These variants of the G1 creatures of the same name cannot speak English, are semi-arboreal, can break the fourth wall, are obnoxious at times, and as the result of living without danger, they have grown away fear itself unless threatened as a race. The Bushwoolies of canon continuity are of impure variant, though they are in actuality referred to as pukwudgies, as well as other mythical creatures like achiyalatopas (Glowing and blinding birds with crystalline features), qalupaliks (Seapony-like beasts that feed on weak targets like lost children), apotampkins (vampiric gliding arboreal bat creatures), Jersey Devils, chupacabras, sasquatches, batsquatches, canotilas (Tree-dwelling fairy-like creatures), thunderbirds and rainbirds, cetans (Giant predatory birds that are fast, have sharp eyesight and completely relentless feeding on Bushwoolies), keeluts (Hairless feral wolves), gaasyendiethas (River-dwelling serpents), chickcharney (Furry nocturnal owl-like creatures), haietliks (Electric serpents), chonchons (Large pony-headed birds), pamolas (Icy freezing birds), pantìs (Creatures with fine teeth), qiqirns (Giant predatory dogs), tizheruks (Freeze-breathed snakes), piasa birds, skookums (Giant monstrous gorillas), tlahuelpuchis (Glowing leech beasts), aniwyes (Giant talking skunks), stikinis (Humanoid owls), strixes (Talking owls), qupqugiaqs (Ten-legged bears), aglooliks (Furry aquatic primates), kigatiliks (White humanoid apes), jokaos (Stone-scaled pony-crocodilians), rugarus (Pony-headed wolves), blafards (Diminutive albino apes), squonks (Gruesome naked rodents), agropelters (Long-armed apes), tsenahales (Massive predatory eagles), doxies (Frog-like creatures with large ears that allow gliding and swimming), and xexeus (Pony-tailed giant nocturnal predatory ravens or crows).
- Lycania- (Leader: Emperor Tao) The Daoist-style Chinese homeland of feonixes, or griffin-wolves, who harness Equestrian magic through spirit and vigor, located far east from Equestria.
- Feonixia- The capital of Lycania.
- Kunlun Mountains- The highest colonies of the feonixes.
- Nymphia- (Leader: Queen Lusto) The homeland of nymphs of all kinds, or any nature spirit or creature bonded purely to nature, located in the bounds of Equestria's far east not too far from the village of Mistmane.
- Oread Mountains- The mountainous homeland of celestial nymphs.
- Dryad Lands- The homeland of nature and land nymphs.
- Nereid Sea- The marine homeland of saltwater nymphs.
- Naiad Forest- The homeland of freshwater nymphs.
- Lampad Caves- The subterranean homeland of underground nymphs.
- Oberonia- (Leader: King Oberon and Queen Dayflower) The cascading beautiful paradise homeland of the Breezies located in a hidden area just in the lower northwest from Equestria.
- Flutter Valley- The capital of Oberonia.
- Hyrcania- (Leaders: King Herald and Queen Motto) The homeland of Alphyns, or ponies with hands and feline-like feet, located southeast from Equestria. Their capital is Alphynia.
- Heraldstone- The capital of Hyrcania.
- Heraldry Valley- A land where people go to find purpose and enlightenment in dark and low times.
- Xiaomia- The homeland of Qilin (Chinese dragon-unicorns) and their pure variant Kirin, both descended from interbreeding ponies and dragons long ago, located far east from Equestria, accessible through Kirin Grove. This is a Chinese land of wild mythical jungles, villages and cities of both traditional and modern Chinese civilization and is home to Chinese mythological creatures like fenghuangs (Magical birds), fu dogs and hui dogs, dragon turtles, taotie (large predatory pig-oxen-dragon creatures), hunduns (4-winged six-legged pig dogs), qiongqi (Winged tigers), taowus (Manticore-like magic-fire-covered feral pony-lion-merged-headed beasts), jians (One-winged and one-eyed raptor-like roosters), zhengs (Five-tailed horned jaguars), raiju (storm-manipulating canines), shenlongs (feral Chinese dragons), xiezhis and haetaes (Feral predatory qilin), zhenniaos (poisonous tropical birds), hsigos (Flying monkeys), xiaos (Giant long-armed apes), chens (Giant trapping clams), pixius (Wild dragon-qilin chimeras), pengs (Giant amphibious flying fish), nians (Horned lions), jueyuans (Tribal pansexual monkeys of many breeds), jiangsi (Bats that feed on chi or magic), denglongs (Dragon-like komodo dragons with long moustaches and magic fire breath), bashees (Colossal dragon vipers), aos (Giant sea turtles identical to Archelon), and xirang (Living clay that expands within moisture).
- North Xiaomia- (Leader: Emperor Branch-Horn) The territory of the Qilin.
- South Xiaomia- (Leader: Emperor Long) The territory of the Kirin.
- The Grand Wall- The Kirin's Great Wall that circles all of Xiaomia and protects from invaders or vicious predators like taoties or shenlongs and is only passable through the gate of Kirin River.
- Peaks of Peril- A hazardous location of a Kirin village that silenced themselves because of a fire caused by their arguing and hurtful words.
- Fusang Lands- A valley of giant trees that stand as tall as a mountain.
- Yao Fields- A giant prairie of magic grass.
- Diyou- The badlands of Xiaomia.
- Tochia- (Leader: Empress Quartzdust) A Japanese land located east from Equestria which is an anime-style land of anime-style Equestrian magic. Filled with wilder fantasy creatures called yōkai, which includes kitsune, tanukis, fites (Nickname for sentient fire such as chōchinbi, hitodama, kechibi, kosenjōbi, onibi, rōjinbi, and shiranui) nogitsune (predatory feral kitsunes), koromodako (kraken vampire squid), amemasu (fish-whale creature), basan (flaming rooster), amikiri, itsumade (fire-breathing eagles), akkorokamui (fish-octopus creature), hihi (Japanese-faced baboon creature) oni (Japanese ogres), baku (elephant-pig-lion creature), hōkō (pony-headed boars), kamaitachi (sickle-clawed weasels), namazu (Gigantic catfish), komainu (lion-dogs), nues (Chaotic chimeras), ōgama (A color-changing spear-handed smoke-breathing toad), aosaginohi (glowing heron), raijū (electric wolf), ōmukade (Giant predatory house centipede), shōjō (Venomous sprites whose venom makes people drunk), onikuma (Giant bears), satori (telepathic apes), shachihoko (Tiger-headed shark), wani (crocodile monster), tsuchinoko (A giant cobra-like viper), tsuchigumo (Giant spider monster), jubokko trees (vampiric trees), jinmenju trees (Trees with pony-faced fruits), nozuchi (large marsh tapeworms), mōryō (Demon-like monkey gremlins), mujina (Shapeshifting badgers), yosuzume (A beautiful songbird creature), kekeugen (Shaggy hairy figures), jami (Gaseous-changing predatory weasels), and hibagon (Japanese sasquatch), this land is far unpredictable than Equestria.
- Yōkai Forest- The Tochian variant of the Everfree Forest filled with the biggest population of yōkai.
- Ryūgū-Jō- The underwater kingdom of Tochia.
- Yomi Badlands- The badlands of Tochia.
- Mesoequestria- (Leader: King Hippus) An underground land and the adopted homeland of Mesohippus, the ponies' prehistoric ancestors, who left during a distant Windigo Ice Age when the Windigoes were more common around the world.
- Maricolous Ocean- AKA Maricolia, the biggest ocean in the world of Equestria, located on the other side of the world from Equestria.
- Great Reef- The biggest coral reef in the world of Equestria containing all forms of Equestrian sea life.
- Less Reef- The second biggest coral reef in the world of Equestria which neighbors Great Reef.
- Reefa- (Leader: ???) The briefly destroyed capital of the Less Reef populated by Klugetown-style sentient sea life.
- Eqlantia- The biggest resort island in the world of Equestria.
- Mount Metazoa- A mountain located in a paradisiac land called Arcadia just outside a shoreline of the Maricolous Ocean in the Agate Beaches, and the location of the Hall of Unity where all races across the world of Equestria go to share knowledge and maintain peace and used to be the headquarters of the Unity of Creatures before it's disbanding, and holds the Convocation of Creatures, which last occurred 750 years prior to the MLP Movie.